Book Review: Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins

Title: The Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3)

Author: Suzanne Collins

Synopsis:
Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding.

It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plains--except Katniss.

The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay--no matter what the personal cost


----------------------------------
I know there were a lot of split reviews about this final book in The Hunger Games trilogy so let me start of by saying I loved it to death and thought it was the perfect ending to a perfect trilogy. I sat up late at night ferociously reading this book because it kept me anticipating what would happen next at the end of every page.

I would always say "I'm going to put it down at the end of this chapter" and never could. Because every chapter had its own tiny cliffhanger that kept me starving for more. While the events of the story were so engaging and unpredictable I found them to flow naturally and progress in a very pure manner without leaving you with too many questions. I love Katniss in every way; to me she is the ideal female heroine the YA genre needed in every-way. She's flawed but still so strong and likeable. I was surprised by the way the love triangle ended but pleased with it. I was really reluctant in starting this trilogy but am so glad I did. It was 100% worth the hype and more.

During this book I laughed, almost cried and felt my blood pressure rise a few times lol. The only thing I didn't like about it is that it ended. This is definitely one of my favorite books that I've read this year and this last book made it one of my favorite series. If you haven't read this series yet, I could not recommend it enough.

Rating- R- even though it is YA read it has extremely graphic violence but is not something a teenager 13+ hasn't seen in a movie before.

Rated-5/5 (couldn't have been anymore perfect)

4 comments:

  1. I felt the exact same way! Even though a lot of people were disappointed with the ending because it wasn't picture perfect, I think I loved this book so much BECAUSE it didn't have the picture perfect ending. It made it feel more real instead of having an out-of-place HEA, and the realness of it will forever be one of my favourite things about this series! :)

    Amazing review, Janiera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is what I connected with as well the fact that it wasn't picture perfect.

      Delete
  2. I was still blown away by this book weeks after reading it. Honestly, I believe I read it too fast or the action scenes went too quickly. They blew my mind away. Still a great book, however the second one is my favorite! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was fighting to pace myself lol. Everything kept me craving more and I'm suffering energy wise today because of it ahah.

      Delete

All comments are welcome and responded to. If you follow my book blog just comment below and let me know for a follow back.=)

Followers

Join Me on Swagbucks

Want to earn Amazon GCs just by searching to buy your books? Join Swagbucks!

Share It